Top 10 Trending Stories on Social Media in Cameroon Last Week (Third Week of January).
What was trending on the Cameroon social media space last week? This is what kept social media buzzing in the third week of January 2022.
10. Stanley Enow’s new song Nyongo continues to receive attention and mixed reactions from social media users and music fans. While some think it is “wack,” others think it is a hit.
9. Tzy Panchak
Tzy was trending last week – from his new haircut courtesy Blanche Bailly to linking up with Strong Banwa Boy, Longue Longue, Kameni, and others on apparently another powerful hit we should be anticipating “Alubachaba.
8. Ulanda releases the video of her most anticipated collabo with Askia entitled “No Way.”
7. The new school Freestyle boys Yxng Prido and Ego Pride are still the major center of attraction in the music industry as prolific beatmaker Phillbill offers to give them a free studio session and Video Director, Dr. Nkeng Stephens offers them a free video. They were also spotted with Mccoy Twap at Wildass MUSIC.
6. The Onana vs Ondua Comparison
Some football fans question the seriousness of Andre Onana who is currently the goalkeeper of the indomitable lions of Cameroon at the AFCON 2021, comparing him to Fabrice Ondua at AFCON 2017 who helped Cameroon lift their fifth AFCON trophy. However, others still think Onana is a world-class goalkeeper and his skills cannot be questioned.
5. Guinean singer Grand P visits Cameroon to have a memorable experience of the #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021. One thing that Cameroonians find interesting about his visit has been the constant praises he has been showering on the country and the fact that he has been constantly chilling with the big girls.
4. Tenor is off the market as he finally proposes to his long-time Ivorian girlfriend Eunice Zunonbook. And of course, Eunice who has been living with him in Cameroon for months said “Yes.”
3. Heartbreaking news as over 17 persons perish in a fire incident at LIVS nightclub at Bastos, Yaounde.
2. The ghost of late singer #Fish is allegedly seen in Awing where he was buried. The viral story was however debunked, described as fake and in actual fact, it was a mentally deranged man who was moving in Awing and singing Fhish’s songs. Fhish family also made a post on his official Facebook page saying the story is not true and begged that their brother should be allowed to rest in peace and his family given their privacy.
1.Francis N’gannou The Predator roars again like a True Lion
He makes Cameroon proud again as he retains his UFC world heavyweight title after beating Ciryl Gane. The victory was followed by celebrations on all social media platforms and in different cities and villages across Cameroon.