Top 10 trending stories in Cameroon Last week – March week 1
These are some stories that kept the Cameroonian social media space buzzing last week. It is actually top 9 this week.
9. A Verdict is finally passed on the Malicka and Camus Mimb scandal by the Bonanjo Court of First Instance. Camus Mimb was slammed with a 4 months jail term while his culprit friend Wilfred Eteki was slammed with a 9 months jail term. They have also been ordered to pay the victim Malicka 2,300,000 as damages.
8. The Limbe City Council gets a new City mayor. Paul Ngale Effome replaces late pioneer city Mayor Andrew Motanga Monjimba who died in January.
7. Popular Nigerian actress, TV Presenter, and Event host Nancy Isime visits Cameroon to star in the movie “Silent Storm” directed by Enah Johnscott.
6. Divine Verkijika is announced as the new manager of Lionn Production founded by versatile Artist Mr. Leo.
5. There is a growing concern among fans that one of Cameroon’s most prolific music duo Ridimz (Phillbill and K Master K Mix) is splitting up. This is because K Master K mix has been left out of some of the group’s latest projects and there seems to be some tension between the two.
4. Blanche Bailly’s latest single with Joeboy continues to raise more dust. While some fans continue to criticize the song, it goes to hit 1 million streams on Bomplay. Blanche Bailly also released the official video of “Mine” last week.
3. Samuel Eto’o is inducted into Inter Milan’s Hall of fame.
With Eto’o in 2010, Inter had the greatest season in their history, winning Serie A for the fifth consecutive season, the Coppa Italia, and the UEFA Champions League for the first time in 45 years, completing a historic treble.
2. The new coach of the Indomitable Lions Rigobert Song and FECAFOOT President reportedly visits Cameroonian Liverpool left-back Joel Matip to convince him to play for the indomitable lions again; a team he exiled himself from some 5 years ago. Back home, there is a growing on whether the trip was necessary since he left on his own. Well, if indeed the top football personalities made the trip, then it was not successful as the Coach did not include him in his recent list of players called up to play the Qatar world cup qualifiers later this March.
1. Former Indomitable Lions defender Rigobert Song Bahanag is named the new coach of the Cameroon National team, replacing Antonio Conceicao who took Cameroon to the AFCON 2021 semifinals in Cameroon.