Hilda Baci from Akwa Ibom state in Nigerian has broken the Guineess longest cooking marathon record of 87 hours 45 minutes, as she has now cooked continuously for over 90 hours.
The previous record of 87 hours 45 minutes was set by Lata Tondon from India in 2019.
Hilda has been cooking since Thursday, continuously and only has 5 minutes of rest every hour.
Here are some interesting facts you would love to know about Hilda.
Hilda Baci was born on September 20, 1996. She is currently 26years old.
- Name and Origin
Her real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong and she hails from Akwa Ibom state in Nigeria.
She has a degree in Sociology from the Madonna University, Okija.
- She owns a food brand in Lagos called “My food by Hilda”. She started the brand with her brother, while still in school.
- Hilda has previously ran a cooking segment “In My Kitchen” on Rave TV’s breakfast show, Morning Rave and on the show Dine on a Budget.
- Hilda is equally an actress. She played a supporting lead role in the movie “Dream Chaser” and has also appeared in episodes of series “Flatemates, Sideways, A walk on the
water and Mr & Mrs Robert”.
- In four days alone, Hilda has cooked over 115 meals with over 3,000 portions served.
- Most of the food items, ingredients and utensils she is using for the project are provided by sponsors.
- Hilda is currently cooking at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos state and she has been visited by several government officials and celebrities.
- Hilda’s Mom
Hilda’s mom is also a chef and owns a food brand called Calabar Pot.